Outliers: The Story of Success
In this stunning new book, Malcolm Gladwell takes us on an intellectual journey through the world of "outliers"--the best and the brightest, the most famous and the most successful. He asks the question: what makes high-achievers different?
His answer is that we pay too much attention to what successful people are like, and too little attention to where they are from: that is, their culture, their family, their generation, and the idiosyncratic experiences of their upbringing. Along the way he explains the secrets of software billionaires, what it takes to be a great soccer player, why Asians are good at math, and what made the Beatles the greatest rock band.
Brilliant and entertaining, Outliers is a landmark work that will simultaneously delight and illuminate.
- Back Bay Books
Inside Out and Back Again
Inside Out and Back Again is a #1 New York Times bestseller, a Newbery Honor Book, and a winner of the National Book Award!
Inspired by the author's childhood experience as a refugeefleeing Vietnam after the Fall of Saigon and immigrating to Alabamathis coming-of-age debut novel told in verse has been celebrated for its touching child's-eye view of family and immigration.
Hà has only ever known Saigon: the thrills of its markets, the joy of its traditions, and the warmth of her friends close by. But now the Vietnam War has reached her home. Hà and her family are forced to flee as Saigon falls, and they board a ship headed toward hopetoward America.
This moving story of one girl's year of change, dreams, grief, and healing received four starred reviews, including one from Kirkus which proclaimed it "enlightening, poignant, and unexpectedly funny."
An author's note explains how and why Thanhha Lai translated her personal experiences into Hà's story. This paperback edition also includes an interview with the author, an activity you can do with your family, tips on writing poetry, and discussion questions.
- HarperCollins Publishers
The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, Revised Edition: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder (The Out-of-Sync Child Series)
The first accessible guide to examine Sensory Processing Disorder, The Out-of-Sync Child touched the hearts and lives of thousands of families. Carol Stock Kranowitz continues her significant work with this companion volume, which presents more than one hundred playful activities specially designed for kids with SPD.
Each activity in this inspiring and practical book is SAFESensory-motor, Appropriate, Fun and Easyto help develop and organize a childs brain and body. Whether your child faces challenges with touch, balance, movement, body position, vision, hearing, smell, and taste, motor planning, or other sensory problems, this book presents lively and engaging ways to bring fun and play to everyday situations.
This revised edition includes new activities, along with updated information on which activities are most appropriate for children with coexisting conditions including Aspergers and autism, and more.
- 4-head LED Helicopter effect with 360-degree continuous rotation
- 4x 3-watt LEDs (1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue & 1x White)
- Run all night - no duty cycle
- ADJ UC-IR Remote compatible (Sold Separately): Control Stand By (Blackout), Full On, Color Selection, Strobe, Sound, & Dimming
- Auto Program with various color patterns (non user selectable)
Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel
Half Broke Horses is Laura Ingalls Wilder for adults, as riveting and dramatic as Isak Dinesens Out of Africa or Beryl Markhams West with the Night. Destined to become a classic, it will transfix readers everywhere.
Those old cows knew trouble was coming before we did. So begins the story of Lily Casey Smith, Jeannette Wallss no-nonsense, resourceful, and spectacularly compelling grandmother. By age six, Lily was helping her father break horses. At fifteen, she left home to teach in a frontier townriding five hundred miles on her pony, alone, to get to her job. She learned to drive a car and fly a plane. And, with her husband, Jim, she ran a vast ranch in Arizona. She raised two children, one who is Jeannettes memorable mother, Rosemary Smith Walls, unforgettably portrayed in The Glass Castle.
Lily survived tornadoes, droughts, floods, the Great Depression, and the most heartbreaking personal tragedy. She bristled at prejudice of all kindsagainst women, Native Americans, and anyone else who didnt fit the mold. Rosemary Smith Walls always told Jeannette that she was like her grandmother, and in this true-life novel, Jeannette Walls channels that kindred spirit. Half Broke Horses is Laura Ingalls Wilder for adults, as riveting and dramatic as Isak Dinesens Out of Africa or Beryl Markhams West with the Night. Destined to become a classic, it will transfix readers everywhere.
The Ultimate Guide to Crystal Grids: Transform Your Life Using the Power of Crystals and Layouts
Written by the world's leading crystal expert, Judy Hall, The Ultimate Guide to Crystal Grids outlines the specifics of constructing an effective grid, how to harness the power of sacred geometry, and which crystals are most effective for particular grids and purposes.
Perfect for the beginner or advanced grid practitioners, this guide bookfeatures over 50 grids, including beginner and advanced grids based on specific geometric templates so practitioners learn the foundation of grid creation. You'll learn to use grids on specific topics and purposes, including attracting prosperity, long-distance healing, and protecting the home. Filled with hundreds of photos and illustrations, plus step-by-step shots, this truly is the ultimate guide.
Take Me Out to the Yakyu
Join one little boy and his family for two ballgameson opposite sides of the world!
You may know that baseball is the Great American Pastime, but did you know that it is also a beloved sport in Japan? Come along with one little boy and his grandfathers, one in America and one in Japan, as he learns about baseball and its rich, varying cultural traditions. This debut picture book from Aaron Meshon is a home rundont be surprised if the vivid illustrations and energetic text leave you shouting, LETS PLAY YAKYU!
Circling the Sun: A Novel
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY NPR, BOOKPAGE, AND SHELF AWARENESS Paula McLain is considered the new star of historical fiction, and for good reason. Fans of The Paris Wife will be captivated by Circling the Sun, which . . . is both beautifully written and utterly engrossing.Ann Patchett, Country Living
Paula McLain, author of the phenomenal bestseller The Paris Wife, now returns with her keenly anticipated new novel, transporting readers to colonial Kenya in the 1920s. Circling the Sun brings to life a fearless and captivating womanBeryl Markham, a record-setting aviator caught up in a passionate love triangle with safari hunter Denys Finch Hatton and Karen Blixen, who as Isak Dinesen wrote the classic memoir Out of Africa.
Brought to Kenya from England as a child and then abandoned by her mother, Beryl is raised by both her father and the native Kipsigis tribe who share his estate. Her unconventional upbringing transforms Beryl into a bold young woman with a fierce love of all things wild and an inherent understanding of natures delicate balance. But even the wild child must grow up, and when everything Beryl knows and trusts dissolves, she is catapulted into a string of disastrous relationships.
Beryl forges her own path as a horse trainer, and her uncommon style attracts the eye of the Happy Valley set, a decadent, bohemian community of European expats who also live and love by their own set of rules. But its the ruggedly charismatic Denys Finch Hatton who ultimately helps Beryl navigate the uncharted territory of her own heart. The intensity of their love reveals Beryls truest self and her fate: to fly.
Set against the majestic landscape of early-twentieth-century Africa, McLains powerful tale reveals the extraordinary adventures of a woman before her time, the exhilaration of freedom and its cost, and the tenacity of the human spirit.
Praise for Circling the Sun
In McLains confident hands, Beryl Markham crackles to life, and we readers truly understand what made a woman so far ahead of her time believe she had the power to soar.Jodi Picoult, author of Leaving Time
Enchanting . . . a worthy heir to Isak Dinesen . . . Like Africa as its so gorgeously depicted here, this novel will never let you go.The Boston Globe
Famed aviator Beryl Markham is a novelists dream. . . . A wonderful portrait of a complex woman who liveddefiantlyon her own terms.People (Book of the Week)
Circling the Sun soars.Newsday
Captivating . . . an irresistible novel.The Seattle Times
Like its high-flying subject, Circling the Sun is audacious and glamorous and hard not to be drawn in by. Beryl Markham may have married more than once, but she was nobodys wife.Entertainment Weekly
An eloquent evocation of Beryls daring life.O: The Oprah Magazine
Markhams life is the stuff of legend. . . . McLain has created a voice that is lush and intricate to evoke a character who is enviably brave and independent.NPR
Bold, absorbing fiction.New York Daily News
Paula McLain has such a gift for bringing characters to life. I loved discovering the singular Beryl Markham, with all her strengths and passions and complexities.Jojo Moyes, author of Me Before You
- Ballantine Books
From Caterpillar to Butterfly (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)
A caterpillar comes to school in a jar and the class watches the caterpillar each day as it grows and changes. Soon, it disappears into a hard shell called a chrysalis. Where did it go? This is a perfect beginner's guide to the mystery of metamorphosis.
Named as a NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children, this book explains the life cycle from caterpillar to butterfly with easy-to-follow prose from Deborah Heiligman and warm, colorful illustrations from Bari Weissman.
This is a Stage 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explains simple science concepts for preschoolers and kindergarteners. Let's-Read-And-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
Supports the Common Core Learning Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
NICETOWN Full Shading Curtains for Windows, Super Heavy-Duty Black Lined Blackout Curtains for Bedroom, Privacy Assured Window Treatment (White, Pack of 2, 52" W x 95" L)
No matter where you live, California, Texas or even Florida, if you have the annoying sunshine of torture, and need a completely dark sleep environment, you can choose our curtains - 2 layers lined curtains. No matter how strong the unwanted light was, you can have a good sleep.
Different from other regular one layer blackout curtains, NICETOWN Thermal Insulated Blackout Lined Curtains go beyond that mundane function and provide best benefits.
- FIT NICELY:
- Package includes 2 panels blackout drapes with black liner backing. 1.6" Grommet fits various standard or decorative curtain rod/pole.
- Due to grommet design, remember they narrow when you put them on a pole. Also become shorter because of sewn into a 3-inch header with grommets.
- Particularly suitable: living room, kitchen, bedroom, babies room, villa, hall and department etc.
- Lined Draperies are thick enough to blocks out unwanted light completely and noise, encouraging day sleepers and the ones who have trouble falling asleep have a good sleep.
- Not only that, but also make your resting zone truly blissful. They would be perfect for any home theater and supply you with enjoyment of watching TV in real darkness.
- The sophisticated designs allow you to brighten your home decor, making your living space more lively. Protect your furniture, floors and artwork from the ravages of the sun.
- Lined Grommet Curtains have kept the room much warmer in winter and also block a lot heat during summer, relieving the strain on home heating and cooling while reducing energy budget.
- Machine washable, recommended hand wash or dry cleaning. Wash the water temperature below 86F.
- Advocate the use of flexible detergents, no bleaching. Low-temperature ironing if necessary.
NOTE: Due to different screen display, the color of the actual item may vary slightly from the above images.
- READY MADE: 2 panels per package. Each Classic Lined Curtain measures 52" wide x 95" long (Total width is 104"). The unique design of silvery grommet (1.6 inch inner diameter) creates casual elegance for your house, which makes the curtains easy to install and slide.
- 100 BLACKOUT: The best blackout curtains on the market. Sew in black liner backing makes the drapes thick enough to completely keep out the 100 SUNLIGHT and UV RAY. The greatest benefit is to offer you a real dark environment, bringing you a good night's sleep during the day.
- NOISE REDUCING: Heavyweight Blackout Lined Curtain Panels can be a good sense of drape, making window completely closed, so as to achieve SOUNDPROOF. The effect of absorbing sound is 2 times higher than the ordinary 1-layer of curtains, So that at any time you are not disturbed by noise.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Draperies constructed with 2 layers are all triple weave blackout fabric, balancing room temperature by insulating against summer HEAT and winter CHILL meanwhile protect PRIVACY. No chemical coating, no formaldehyde, ECO-friendly, bring harmonious to your family.
- EASY CARE: Good quality finishing will withstand years of use. Machine washable and Wash the water temperature below 86F. Mild detergent no bleaching. Low temperature ironing. Don' t use sharp things scratching curtains. 30 days money back guarantee on return policy.
Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag: Your 72-Hour Disaster Survival Kit
Be Ready When Disaster Strikes
If an unexpected emergency or disaster hits, are you prepared to leave your home--fast? You will be if you follow the advice in this book.
This book shows you how to create a self-contained disaster preparedness kit to help you survive your journey from ground zero to a safer location. Survival expert Creek Stewart details from start to finish everything you need to gather for 72 hours of independent survival--water, food, protection, shelter, survival tools, and so much more.
- A complete Bug Out Bag checklist that tells you exactly what to pack based on your survival skill level
- Photos and explanations of every item you need in your bag
- Resource lists to help you find and purchase gear
- Practice exercises that teach you how to use almost everything in your bag
- Demonstrations for multi-use items that save pack space and weight
- Specific gear recommendations for common disasters
The book even includes special considerations for bugging out with children, the elderly, the physically disabled, and even pets.
A disaster could strike your home at any moment. Are you prepared to face the devastating aftermath? Protect yourself and your family by building a Bug Out Bag today!
- Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag Your 72 Hour Disaster Survival Kit
- Budget fat bike
- Waist slimmer belt
- Books on loving yourself
- Which is the best shark vacuum model
- Mens slip ons
- Blotting sheets for oily skin
- Arch support walking shoes