The National Parks: America's Best Idea
The companion volume to the twelve-hour PBS series from the acclaimed filmmaker behind The Civil War, Baseball, and The War.
Americas national parks spring from an idea as radical as the Declaration of Independence: that the nations most magnificent and sacred places should be preserved, not for royalty or the rich, but for everyone. In this evocative and lavishly illustrated narrative, Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan delve into the history of the park idea, from the first sighting by white men in 1851 of the valley that would become Yosemite and the creation of the worlds first national park at Yellowstone in 1872, through the most recent additions to a system that now encompasses nearly four hundred sites and 84 million acres.
The authors recount the adventures, mythmaking, and intense political battles behind the evolution of the park system, and the enduring ideals that fostered its growth. They capture the importance and splendors of the individual parks: from Haleakala in Hawaii to Acadia in Maine, from Denali in Alaska to the Everglades in Florida, from Glacier in Montana to Big Bend in Texas. And they introduce us to a diverse cast of compelling charactersboth unsung heroes and famous figures such as John Muir, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ansel Adamswho have been transformed by these special places and committed themselves to saving them from destruction so that the rest of us could be transformed as well.
The National Parks is a glorious celebration of an essential expression of American democracy.
- Ken Burns, Dayton Duncan
- The National Parks
- Travel U.S.A.
Trekking The National Parks: The Family Board Game (Second Edition)
Grab your walking stick and hit the trail!
Trekking the National Parks is a spirited family board game that lets players experience the U.S. National Parks in a fun and competitive way. Players compete for points by claiming Park Cards and collecting trail stones as they race across the country experiencing the wonders at each of these magnificent landscapes.
The game was specially designed to be both entertaining and educational. Every park card features an interesting fact and gorgeous photograph that will inspire players to explore the protected natural wonders of America. Each game also begins with a unique setup that alters the play experience in surprising ways, allowing for endless replayability. Trekking the National Parks brings the fun and challenge of modern family board games to your table. It's the perfect gift for anyone who loves the outdoors and board games!
For 2-5 players, ages 10 and up. Games last 30-60 minutes
- This MENSA Award winning U.S. National Parks board game is a fun and competitive way to spend a night with your family
- Unique evergreen theme that appeals to a wide range of people: outdoor lovers, board game players and gift givers. One of the top educational board games for families
- Simple and elegant game rules that children, teens, families, grandparents, and everyone in between can easily grasp
- Learn the geography of the major national parks from the beautiful game board and enjoy the many educational park facts printed on the game cards
- Trekking the National Parks brings the fun and challenge of modern family board games to your table. The game was specially designed to be both entertaining and educational!
A Ranger's Guide to Yellowstone Day Hikes
**Newly updated for spring 2013**
The reviews say it all! A Ranger's Guide to Yellowstone Day Hikes is the perfect way to enjoy the majesty of Yellowstone National Park. Find out why so many visitors choose this guide for their park visits.
Featuring 29 incredible hikes this book is more than just a handy map for a walk in the woods it is your gateway to the true Yellowstone. Each hike features contextual and narrative information about the natural and human history, botany and geology of each trail.
Written as a private hiking tour of Yellowstone from two park rangers, the husband-and-wife team share interpretative text to guide you off the beaten path and into the heart of Yellowstone.
A Ranger's Guide to Yellowstone Day Hikes features:
- 29 day hikes of different lengths and levels of difficulty.
- Each hike in the book has a GPS-compatible map, color photograph, and many other highlights from along the trail.
- Best Maps: Easy-to-read, accurate, GPS-compatible.
- Field-Tested: Authors Roger and Carol have hiked every mile of these routes and know them well.
- Comprehensive: All regions of the park, with ratings from Easy to Strenuous.
- Naturalist Notes: The Rangers share background stories on each trail s human and natural history including wildlife and wildflowers to watch for, geology, quotations from explorers and early visitors.
This is my favorite book of day hikes. The authors, husband and wife rangers, don't just tell you where to go, they help you understand what you are seeing. ---from Lost in My Own Backyard: A Walk in Yellowstone National Park by Tim Cahill, founding editor of Outside magazine
Published by Montana s publisher, Farcountry Press
- Used Book in Good Condition
RV Camping in State Parks
Millions of Americans enjoy camping in state parks every year. This book is designed to make finding RV-friendly state parks easier. The book contains information on more than 1,730 state parks, forests, and recreation areas in 49 states that offer accommodations for RVers.
RV Camping in State Parks provides a map and park locator chart for each state, an overview of each states park system, information about reservations and fees, plus contact information with phone number and web addresses.
The details for each park include location, directions, GPS coordinates, and contact information. Also provided is the number and type of hookups, season of operation, RV length limit, and availability of showers, dump station, Wi-Fi, and more.
- RV Camping in State Parks
Unsolved Disappearances in the Great Smoky Mountains
This is a thoroughly researched, factual, non-fiction book. There is a map in the book where people disappeared, and visitors to the Great Smoky Mountains can visit the sites.
Three people, Pauline Melton, Trenny Gibson, and Dennis Martin, vanished without a trace during daylight, from different locations, on different dates, and surrounded by other people. These disappearances remain unsolved to this day. Not one clue has ever surfaced to offer a possible explanation.
There are two puzzlers narrated in this book. An unidentified boy was found frozen to death in 1915, and buried by kind strangers. His identity was a mystery for 60 years. Abe Ramsey, age 3, wandered away from his on March 11, 1919. For many years the story was told that he was never found; there is evidence that this may not be true.
Two notorious felons, William Bradford Bishop, Jr., and Eric Robert Rudolph, tried to escape in the Great Smoky Mountains. Bishop was successful, and no trace of him has ever been found. Rudolph hid successfully for several years, but was captured in 2003.
Kids USA Scratch Off Map Poster for Travel Durable Plastic Kids Map National Parks, Flags Educational Landmark Cards, Stickers, Foil, Pick Writable Surface, Marker Gift-Ready Packaging
Let children track, remember, and share their family adventures and travels with an exciting and colorful kids scratch-off map that helps them embrace their wanderlust!
One of the most exciting things about living in the United States is all the diversity that we offer as a country. Be it the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, or beautiful, sun-drenched beaches, we have landmarks, parks, and locations that every kid can enjoy.
That's why we created the kid-friendly Elsewhere Scratch-Off U.S. Map that helps them learn about our 50 states through 32 fun and educational learning cards, detailed map images and pictures, stickers that let them commemorate each trip, vacation, or adventure, and even a dry erase marker to let them write and draw on their map!
Kids map designed with tough plastic construction to keep it safer from tears and rips and coated in a silver foil overlay kids will love to remove with every adventure, it's the perfect gift for kids and adventurers of all ages.
- 17 in. x 24 in. Vibrant USA Map with Silver Foil Overlay
- Reveal and Discover States, Flags, Landmarks, Parks
- Easy to Frame and Hang on the Wall
- Writable Map Surface
- Sturdy, Tear-Resistant Plastic Construction
- Fun, Colorful Gift-Giving Tube
- United States Scratch-Off Map
- Metal Guitar Pick Scratch Tool
- 64 Educational Learning Cards
- Map Travel Stickers
- Dry Erase Marker
- Cleaning Cloth
- Carry and Storage Accessory Bag
Inspire your young traveler with a kid-friendly, colorful, scratch-off map of the United States by clicking 'Add to Cart' above and help boys and girls explore our great country!
- FUN SCRATCH-OFF KID MAP - This colorful, graphic-filled scratch off map of the United States makes family travel fun by letting children reveal national landmarks, explore state parks, flags and remember every moment. Measures 17 in. x 24 in.
- EDUCATIONAL LANDMARK CARDS - This state map of the USA also includes 32 two-sided learning cards that teaches kids about 64 landmarks, locations they can visit, and other fun facts about our 50 states.
- BUILD STRONG BONDS AND LEARN TOGETHER - Elsewhere scratch off maps for kids make a great family-friendly gift for birthdays, holidays, Christmas, and even classrooms. The large map size lets kid's "scratch and explore" in their own way! Help others with this purchase too - we are currently donating 10 of our profits to victims of the California Wildfires.
- WRITE AND DRAW SURFACE - The tear-resistant, glossy map for children also includes a black dry erase marker that lets them draw notes, messages, or pictures on their U.S. map poster to let them define their own travel experiences.
- ESSENTIAL SCRATCH MAP ACCESSORIES - Every map also comes with a metal guitar pick to scratch off the silver foil overlay, fun map stickers, a map cleaning cloth, dry-erase marker, and even a small storage accessory bag to keep it all organized.
Olympic National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Waterproof Tear-Resistant Topographic Map
Olympic National Park encompasses four distinctly different ecosystems in its nearly one million acres. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Olympic National Park offers outdoors enthusiasts a valuable tool for exploring the park's old-growth forests, glaciers, untamed rivers, and rugged coastline. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, this map features key areas of interest including Mount Olympus, Ozette Lake, Olympic National Forest, Lake Quinalt, Mount Skokomish Wilderness, Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, and more.
With miles of mapped trails including a portion of the Pacific Northwest Trail, this map can guide you off the beaten path and back again in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the region. Designed with a wide range of visitors in mind, this map features detailed and easy to read trails, accurate road network, points of interest, lodging, waterfalls, fishing and boat access, and ranger stations. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. A variety of helpful information about regulations, safety tips, and a list of wilderness campsites are included as well.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Blue Mountain, Buckhorn Wilderness, Clearwater River, Colonel Bob Wilderness, Elwha River, Hoh River, Lake Crescent, Lake Quinault, Mount Anderson, Mount Carrie, Mount Constance, Mount Deception, Mount Olympus, Mount Pleasant, Mount Skokomish, Mount Skokomish Wilderness, Olympic, Olympic Mountains, Olympic National Forest, Ozette Lake, Port Angeles, Queets River, Sol Duc River, Sooes Peak, Teahwhit Head.
- Map Scale = 1:100,000
- Sheet Size = 25.5" x 37.75"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Scale: 1 : 100000
- Folded Dimensions: 4.25 x 9.25 in
- Waterproof: yes
- Recommended Use: hiking, backpacking in Washington
National Parks Map - Explore America Map - Small Framed Map - Slate Edition - USA Travel Push Pin Map
THE ORIGINAL EXPLORE AMERICA MAP!
Use this map to plan, track, and explore the geography and rich history of the USA!
THE SMARTEST USA MAP:
Geography is the essence of understanding how we are connected by culture, history, civilization, commerce, nature, and the environment. This map is filled with thousands of details about the USA and is designed to encourage further exploration.
- Use this map to locate:
- Over 600 National Park Service Sites (Includes all 61 NPS sites as of March 2019)
- The tallest elevation in every state
- 10 of the most climbed peaks in the U.S.A.
- Hike the National Scenic Trails that cross the U.S.A.
- Visit Space Centers & much more
- PROFESSIONAL CARTOGRAPHY: The map was created by a professional Geographer who thoroughly researched the amazing places across the USA!
- Framed Size: 27.5 x 20.5 inches
- Map size: 24x18 inches
- Printed on satin paper and mounted to Gatorboard
- Beautifully framed with a frame of your choice
- You can also personalize the map with a custom title
- Includes 100 multi-colored map pins & a nice pin case
- ORDERING IS EASY! In 'SELECT OPTIONS':
- Select your title
- Select font (optional)
- Select your frame
- Go 'Back to Add to Cart' and then 'ADD TO CART'
For customized orders, a proof will be provided for your review, typically within 24 hours.
- THE MAP IS A DELIGHT TO RECEIVE!
- The map is securely packaged for its journey to you
- Handsomely wrapped
- Includes 100 map pins and pin case
- Includes an card about the map with a guide on how to get started with the map
Thank you for your interests in my maps!
Debbie Dennison, GISP
Masters in GIS & Environmental Science
Boost Oxygen: 95 Pure Aviators Oxygen- 5 Liters
Our odorless and tasteless Boost Oxygen is 95 pure oxygen, completely natural and safe. Unlike stimulants and energy drinks which contain caffeine and sugars that can actually harm the body over an extended period of time, Boost Oxygen provides pure oxygen in a convenient, non-prescription form. Boost Oxygen is excellent for those visiting high altitude locations, professional and amateur athletes, senior citizens, and famous celebrities alike. Founded in 2007, Boost Oxygen is currently the best selling and most trusted oxygen canister brand in the world. A few deep breaths of Boost Oxygen helps you stay at your best!
- Clean, natural, odorless, tasteless: 95 pure oxygen that is vital to our bodies' strength and vitality with no added scents.
- The ultimate travel partner: In three different sizes, pocket-size (Up to 40 One Second Inhalations), medium size (Over 100 One Second Inhalations), and large (Over 200 One Second Inhalations), we've got your travel plans covered.
- Help is here... great for hiking and faster recovery: A great addition for your pack: low-weight and helps with high altitude.
- Train harder - Supports athletes aerobically to help them achieve their personal best in both training and competition. Studies have also shown that it can support cognitive performance and be a natural aid for low energy and lack of concentration.
- 100 Satisfaction guarantee: If for any reason Boost Oxygen's promise of high quality and accessible air wasn't met, please contact us with 30 days for refund.
Lantern Press Cape May, Jersey - Typography (10x15 Wood Wall Sign, Wall Decor Ready to Hang)
This original high-quality wood print from Lantern Press boasts sharp detail and vivid imagery of Cape May, New Jersey - Typography (10x15 Wood Wall Sign, Wall Decor Ready to Hang).
Product measures 10 x 15 inches
100 Printed in America
1/8" thick "Grade A" sustainable birch
Holes in corners, ready for tacker sign to be hung
Wood print will ship in a sturdy box, protected in a water-proof sleeve.
Lantern Press is a dynamic art company that specializes in the world's leading imagery. Our collection includes original works created by our in-house art team, photography, home & office decor trends, vintage art, and more. Your support allows us to continue doing what we love - creating beautiful art.
- Cape May, New Jersey - Typography (10x15 Wood Wall Sign, Wall Decor Ready to Hang)
- Measures 10x15 inches
- Holes in corners, ready for hanging, Printed in the USA, sustainable birch
- Perfect for your home, office, or a gift
- Browse thousands of images available, click Lantern Press, above
- Camping table
- Foundation for coverage and dry skin
- Three door refrigerator
- Choice jeep ride on
- Youth boxing gloves
- Worlds best resorts
- Price record player