The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER From the author of The Eighty-Dollar Champion, the remarkable story of the heroic rescue of priceless horses in the closing days of World War II
WINNER OF THE PEN AWARD FOR RESEARCH NONFICTION
In the chaotic last days of the war, a small troop of battle-weary American soldiers captures a German spy and makes an astonishing findhis briefcase is empty but for photos of beautiful white horses that have been stolen and kept on a secret farm behind enemy lines. Hitler has stockpiled the worlds finest purebreds in order to breed the perfect military machinean equine master race. But with the starving Russian army closing in, the animals are in imminent danger of being slaughtered for food.
With only hours to spare, one of the U.S. Armys last great cavalrymen, Colonel Hank Reed, makes a bold decisionwith General George Pattons blessingto mount a covert rescue operation. Racing against time, Reeds small but determined force of soldiers, aided by several turncoat Germans, steals across enemy lines in a last-ditch effort to save the horses.
Pulling together this multistranded story, Elizabeth Letts introduces us to an unforgettable cast of characters: Alois Podhajsky, director of the famed Spanish Riding School of Vienna, a former Olympic medalist who is forced to flee the bomb-ravaged Austrian capital with his entire stable in tow; Gustav Rau, Hitlers imperious chief of horse breeding, a proponent of eugenics who dreams of genetically engineering the perfect warhorse for Germany; and Tom Stewart, a senators son who makes a daring moonlight ride on a white stallion to secure the farms surrender.
A compelling account for animal lovers and World War II buffs alike, The Perfect Horse tells for the first time the full story of these events. Elizabeth Lettss exhilarating tale of behind-enemy-lines adventure, courage, and sacrifice brings to life one of the most inspiring chapters in the annals of human valor.
Praise for The Perfect Horse
Winningly readable . . . Letts captures both the personalities and the stakes of this daring mission with such a sharp ear for drama that the whole second half of the book reads like a WWII thriller dreamed up by Alan Furst or Len Deighton. . . . The right director could make a Hollywood classic out of this fairy tale.The Christian Science Monitor
Letts, a lifelong equestrienne, eloquently brings together the many facets of this unlikely, poignant story underscoring the love and respect of man for horses.Kirkus Reviews
CHH The Racing Horse Game
CHH The Racing Horse Game CHH The Racing Horse Game is a game full of fun and exciting moments. Children move their horses along a single track. The move is determined by the roll of the dice. Age: 6 to 15 years Features Classic family game Fun family game Quality construction Fun filled Builds team spirit Includes Racing board Deck playing cards Multi-colored chips Dice Recommended Ages:6 - 15 Spend a fun day at the track with the Racing Horse Game. Roll the dice to move the horses along the sliding wooden track. Whoever holds the cards that match the number of the first horse to reach the end of the track wins. Game board measures approximately 15 1/2" long by 11 3/4" wide with 1 1/2" tall horses.
- Classic family game
- Fun for the whole family!
- Quality construction
Kicking Horse Coffee, Decaf, Swiss Water Process, Medium/Dark Roast, Whole Bean, 2.2 lb - Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
Swiss Water Process. A decaffeinated coffee should be exactly like every other one of our blends: deep, dark and delicious. And that's what this is, a tip-top taste with a mellow finish. Enjoy!
- DARK ROAST, WHOLE BEAN: Swiss Water Process. Decaffeinated coffee should be exactly like every other one of our blends: deep, dark and delicious. Tip-top taste with a mellow finish.
- TASTING NOTES, BREW METHOD: Roasted hazelnuts, chocolaty balanced body and a long lasting finish. Recommended methods: French press, drip machine, pour over, espresso and cold brew.
- ORIGIN CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on.
- ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE, KOSHER, SHADE GROWN, ARABICA COFFEE: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100 Certified.
- ROASTED IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS: It's all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian Rocky Mountain peaks.
TAKAVU 6.7" Horsehair Shoe Shine Brush - 100 Soft Genuine Horse Hair Bristles - Unique Concave Design Wood Handle - Comfortable Grip, Anti Slip - for Boots, Shoes & Other Leather Care (#1)
Polishing Brush for high shiny shoes
After cleaning your shoes with a shoe cream, you need a polishing brush to remove the excess cream from the leather upper. After a few minutes, the leather is saturated and offers a semi-gloss shine. If you rub the bristles upon the leather, you create warmth. This in turn bonds the small wax particles in the polish to the leather upper and gives your shoes an inimitable shine.
Why You Should Choose Takavu Horsehair Shoe Shine Brush - Boot Brush ?
100 Genuine horsehair will offer the best protection for your leather products.
Big enough to get a good grip on and buff a significant section of shoes and boots and other leather accessories.
Extra long hair adds extra life to brush scratch free.
Polished wood handles helps to keep shoe cream out of the handles.
When you first use the leather cleaner to clean your leather products (Such as: shoe polish, spray, foam, etc.), please use a little leather cleaner to make a test in a small piece of the leather. If you can accept the effect of color, you can wipe the overall leather. Some leather may lead to fade due to the different material of leather, so please do a test in a small piece before using.
After a long time usage, there may be a small amount of bristles fall(just a little,you just gently wipe it).
Please notice that after using , clean up in time, stay it dried into the box inside to facilitate the next use.
1 * Horse Hair Shoe Brush
Don't hesitate! Click The ADD TO CART and BUY NOW! We ensure you will get a good Shoe Brush with super reasonable price!
- DESIGNED FOR THE SHOE CARE PROFESSIONAL: Horsehair brushes are the best because they are sturdy but soft enough to not scratch the leather. They also help raise the fibers of the leather to create a great surface for shining.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: TAKAVU Shoes Brushes are made of 100 Soft Genuine Horse Hair and beech wooden. Size: 6.7 * 2 inches / 17 * 5 CM; Horse Hair Length: 1.18 inches / 3 CM
- COMFORTABLE TO USE: Concave design make the brush easier to hold & move, handles keep your hand in a natural position to prevent fatigue, quickly clean and polish leather
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL APPLICATION: Using for your shoes / leather sofa / bed sheets / gloves / coats / clothes / bags / upholstery and more.
- 100 RISK FREE PURCHASE: Providing you with the friendliest customer service is our number one goal. This is why we offer you a money back guarantee in case our New Horsehair Shoe Brush does not live up to your expectations.
Heiro 90 Servings
HEIRO HEIRO for horses has been shown to help the following - Chronic sore feet Laminitis Elevated insulin levels Rotated on X-ray Can't be on pasture Cresty neck On Cushing's meds but still foot sore Stays large on little food Painful feet on hard or frozen ground Developed by Dr. Frank Reilly, DVM, to help the rapidly-growing number of horses suffering from chronic sore feet with high insulin levels. After two years and hundreds of insulin tests, Dr. Reilly discovered the right combination and concentrations of organicals to make horses more comfortable and help get them back on grass pasture where they were born to graze and play. HEIRO horse supplement contains USDA certified 100 organic herbs, magnesium, and vitamin E in a great-tasting powder blend. Features : Veterinarian-developed, Farrier-approved! Helps fight laminar injury and stops foot pain caused by seasonal factors such as new grass in the Spring, heat in the Summer, frosty grass in the Fall and hard, frozen ground in the Winter Safe Certified All-Natural Gluten-free Made with non-GMO ingredients Made in the USA Money Back Guarantee! Try HEIRO as directed for 60 days. If you are not completely satisfied with the results, return the container and unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund. You will be satisfied with HEIRO or your money back. Guaranteed! Item Specifications: Dosage: 1 Tablespoon daily mixed with feed in the morning. Measuring scoop included. For Product Label and additional information about this product, please click on Manufacturer Information to the right.
- Heiro helps horses with these issues:
- Chronic sore feet, Laminitis, Elevated Insulin Levels
- Can't be on pasture, Cresty Neck, Founder History
- On Cushing's Meds but still sore feet
- Horses that stay large on little food
Pathfinders Premium Trojan Horse Wooden STEM Kit
We believe in nurturing a child's natural curiosity and that learning can be fun. Designed by a science educator, our Trojan Horse model kit allows you to explore science by building real working technical construction project.
A great build from beginner to advanced (ages 8), this kit will keep you and your loved ones entertained for 1-3 hours and can be displayed once completed.
Quality is important to us, so our models are made from laser-cut wood and not plastic. They have a great finished look, are sturdy and the pieces fit together perfectly.
We stand behind our product and our reviews speak for themselves. If you have a part that has been mangled (by us, you or your pet), give us a call and a replacement piece will be shipped to you ASAP.
All of our kits are tested and pass all ASTM standards for safety. We are an environmentally friendly company and use natural, untreated wood, from sustainable forests (forest stewardship wood). We donate 1 of sales to protect and enhance the natural environment.
- We believe in nurturing a child's natural curiosity and that learning can be fun. Designed by a science educator, our Trojan horse model kit allows you to explore science and history by building real working technical construction project.
- A great build from beginner to advanced (ages 8), this kit will keep you and your loved ones entertained for 1-3 hours and can be displayed once completed.
- Quality is important to us, so our models are made from laser-cut wood and not plastic. They have a great finished look, are sturdy and the pieces fit together perfectly
- We stand behind our product and our reviews speak for themselves. If you have a part that has been mangled (by us, you or your pet), give us a call and a replacement piece will be shipped to you ASAP
- All of our kits are tested and pass all ASTM standards for safety. We are an environmentally friendly company and use natural, untreated wood, from sustainable forests (forest stewardship wood). We donate 1 of sales to protect and enhance the natural environment.
National Geographic Kids Ponies and Horses Sticker Activity Book: Over 1,000 Stickers! (NG Sticker Activity Books)
An interactive book chock-full of adorable ponies and regal horses, this is the National Geographic Kids signature content in a sticker and activity book format. Packed with mazes, spelling and pattern games, drawing activities, and more, kids are sure to love these pages loaded with fun!
- National Geographic Society
The Perfect Horse: The Daring Rescue of Horses Kidnapped During World War II
"Adapted from Elizabeth Letts' bestseller, this young readers edition brings a little-known piece of World War II history to life for tween readers." - Seira Wilson, Amazon Editor
In this inspiring young readers adaptation of Elizabeth Letts' New York Times bestseller, one American troop will save the world's most precious horses during the final stretch of World War II.
When a small troop of American soldiers capture a German spy, they uncover an unexpected secret: Hitler has kidnapped the world's finest purebred horses and hidden them in a secret Czechoslovakian breeding farm. But, starving Russian troops are drawing closer and the horses face the danger of being slaughtered for food. With little time to spare, Colonel Hank Reed and his soldiers cross enemy lines to heroically save some of the world's most treasured animals.
In this thrilling young readers' edition of her New York Times bestselling book, Elizabeth Letts details the terrifying truth of Hitler's eugenics program during World War II and shares the story of the courageous American troop dedicated to stopping it.
Highlighting bravery in the face of incredible odds, this tale will shed light on a little-known piece of our past and speak to history fans and animal lovers of every age.
"Spellbinding...a must-read." Booklist, starred review
Kiwi 100 Horsehair Shine Brush
This is a high quality brush with 100 horsehair bristles set in a sturdy wood handle. It allows for quick and easy buffing. Each package comes with one horsehair brush.
Cosequin ASU for Horses (1320 gm)
Cosequin ASU is a veterinary strength, broad spectrum formula for horses. A superior glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate product, Cosequin ASU contains avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU), glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and high purity MSM.
- Cosequin ASU combines the proprietary formula of Cosequin with ASU (avocado/soybean unsaponifiables) and MSM for more powerful joint support for horses.
- Each 2 scoop of Cosequin ASU serving contains 14,400 mg glucosamine hydrochloride and 2400 mg low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate, plus 2100 mg ASU and 10,000 mg MSM.
- Survival tool
- Gmc sierra leveling kit reviews
- Laptops for writers 2016
- Womens camo
- Steam cleaners
- Store brand bbq sauce
- Rated on ear headphones