Emotional survival for law enforcement: A guide for officers and their families
Emotional survival for law enforcement: A guide for officers and their families 1st Printing Edition
- Used Book in Good Condition
What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
Read this book and send your nonverbal intelligence soaring. Joe Navarro, a former FBI counterintelligence officer and a recognized expert on nonverbal behavior, explains how to "speed-read" people: decode sentiments and behaviors, avoid hidden pitfalls, and look for deceptive behaviors. You'll also learn how your body language can influence what your boss, family, friends, and strangers think of you. You will discover:
- The ancient survival instincts that drive body language
- Why the face is the least likely place to gauge a person's true feelings
- What thumbs, feet, and eyelids reveal about moods and motives
- The most powerful behaviors that reveal our confidence and true sentiments
- Simple nonverbals that instantly establish trust
- Simple nonverbals that instantly communicate authority
Filled with examples from Navarro's professional experience, this definitive book offers a powerful new way to navigate your world...
He says that's his best offer. Is it? She says she agrees. Does she? The interview went greator did it? He said he'd never do it again. But he did.
- What Every Body Is Saying An Ex FBI Agent s Guide to Speed Reading People
Verbal Judo: The Gentle Art of Persuasion, Updated Edition
Verbal Judo is the martial art of the mind and mouth that can show you how to be better prepared in every verbal encounter. Listen and speak more effectively, engage people through empathy (the most powerful word in the English language), avoid the most common conversational disasters, and use proven strategies that allow you to successfully communicate your point of view and take the upper hand in most disputes.
Verbal Judo offers a creative look at conflict that will help you defuse confrontations and generate cooperation from your spouse, your boss, and even your teenager. As the author says, "when you react, the event controls you. When you respond, youre in control."
This new edition features a fresh new cover and a foreword demonstrating the legacy of Verbal Judo founder and author George Thompson, as well as a never-before-published final chapter presenting Thompsons "Five Universal Truths" of human interaction.
- William Morrow Company
Spy the Lie: Former CIA Officers Teach You How to Detect Deception
THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Three former CIA officers--among the world's foremost authorities on recognizing deceptive behavior--share their proven techniques for uncovering a lie
Imagine how different your life would be if you could tell whether someone was lying or telling you the truth. Be it hiring a new employee, investing in a financial interest, speaking with your child about drugs, confronting your significant other about suspected infidelity, or even dating someone new, having the ability to unmask a lie can have far-reaching and even life-altering consequences.
As former CIA officers, Philip Houston, Michael Floyd, and Susan Carnicero are among the world's best at recognizing deceptive behavior. Spy the Lie chronicles the captivating story of how they used a methodology Houston developed to detect deception in the counterterrorism and criminal investigation realms, and shows how these techniques can be applied in our daily lives.
Through fascinating anecdotes from their intelligence careers, the authors teach readers how to recognize deceptive behaviors, both verbal and nonverbal, that we all tend to display when we respond to questions untruthfully. For the first time, they share with the general public their methodology and their secrets to the art of asking questions that elicit the truth.
Spy the Lie is a game-changer. You may never read another book that has a more dramatic impact on your career, your relationships, or your future.
- Spy the Lie Former CIA Officers Teach You How to Detect Deception
Shots Fired: The Psychology Behind Officer Involved Shootings
Anti-police media propaganda has created a perception of police shootings that is very different than reality.
Most civilians have never been in a life or death fight, so they are left with Hollywood and media fiction to educate them about law enforcement altercations.
The psychology behind officer involved shootings is missing from the public narrative. What occurs in the officer's head, before, during, and after the shooting is the story that is rarely told.
In twelve exciting, real-life accounts, you will discover that police shootings are extremely complicated and the consequences are far greater than most can ever imagine.
This book shares the story that officers do not get to tell and it will prepare those who have not yet been forced to pull the trigger.
Sheep No More: The Art of Awareness and Attack Survival
Fight back, because we are sheep no more! This personal safety and security book comes armed to the teeth with empowering techniques so you can be your own expert at protecting your life.
Weekly, there are major threats, mass killings, terrorist attacks and even weather-related disastersthe list goes on. And this increasingly dangerous world includes more violent and deadly threats that are specifically targeting everyday civilians. You.
This is the definitive safety bible that links the leading expert on personal safety with civilians. For the first time, you can make educated predictions using the new key questions of Who, Why, Where, When, and How from the attackers point of view.
No one really expects violent situations to occurbut they do, and usually without advance warning or your control. End the guessing game of safety and security by following the techniques inside Sheep No More. Think like an attacker in order to build better defenses. Your life may depend on it.
400 Things Cops Know: Street-Smart Lessons from a Veteran Patrolman
How does it feel to be in a high-speed car chase? What is it like to shoot someone? What do cops really think about the citizens they serve? Nearly everyone has wondered what its like to be a police officer, but no civilian really understands what happens on the job.
400 Things Cops Know shows police work on the inside, from the viewpoint of the regular cop on the beata profession that can range from rewarding to bizarre to terrifying, all within the course of an eight-hour shift. Written by veteran police sergeant Adam Plantinga, 400 Things Cops Know brings the reader into life the way cops experience ita life of danger, frustration, occasional triumph, and plenty of grindingly hard routine work.
In a laconic, no-nonsense, dryly humorous style, Plantinga tells what hes learned from 13 years as a patrolman, from the everyday to the exotichow to know at a glance when a suspect is carrying a weapon or is going to attack, how to kick a door down, how to drive in a car chase without recklessly endangering the public, why you should always carry cigarettes, even if you dont smoke (offering a smoke is the best way to lure a suicide to safety), and what to do if you find a severed limb (dont put it on iceyou need to keep it dry.)
400 Things Cops Know deglamorizes police work, showing the gritty, stressful, sometimes disgusting reality of life on patrol, from the possibility of infectioncriminals dont always practice good hygieneto the physical, psychological, and emotional toll of police work. Plantinga shows what cops experience of death, the legal system, violence, prostitution, drug use, the social causes and consequences of crime, alcoholism, and more.
Sometimes heartbreaking and often hilarious, 400 Things Cops Know is an eye-opening revelation of what life on the beat is really all about.
For the Record: Report Writing in Law Enforcement
For the Record: Report Writing in Law Enforcement offers guidelines for writing at all levels of law enforcement. The book gives practical guidelines for producing professional reports that reflect positively on the writer. It is designed to be equally effective for individual study by working law enforcement officers or course work by police science students. It is easy to use. The book is laid out in a logical sequence to assist the new report writer in grasping the complexities of police reports and the exercises used in the book emphasize simplicity and proper English grammar. A must book for anyone who is a cop or is contemplating a career as a law enforcement officer.
150 Search Warrants, Court Orders, and Affidavits: A Law Enforcement Guide
Search warrants are one of the most powerful tools available to law enforcement officers. However, one of the greatest challenges in drafting a search warrant can come while trying to accurately describe or articulate the person, place, or thing to be searched and the items to be seized.
This book is designed to assist law enforcement officers who have little or no experience in writing a search warrant affidavit, as well as, experienced investigators who have written search warrants in the past and who want a reference of both common and unusual templates. If you are looking for a legal manual full of case citations and legal theory then this is the wrong book for you. If you are looking for practical search warrant and affidavit templates covering some of the most common subjects, and some unusual ones, you've come to the right place.
Every search warrant template, court order, and affidavit was taken from actual court documents after having been reviewed by a magistrate and authorized. Each of the subjects covered in this book are drawn from a review of hundreds of federal, state, and local affidavits used to successfully create search warrants which were subsequently authorized by a judge of a magistrate.
The 150 search warrant, court order, and affidavit templates in this book include:
- Incorporating Information into the Affidavit and Search Warrant such as Crimes Reports, Witness Information, Informant Information, and Confidential Reliable Informant Information
- Dominion and Control Evidence
- Seeking Authorization to Take Videotape, Photograph, and Digital Images During a Warrant Search
- Seeking Authorization For Forensics - Photographing, Taking Measurements, Seizing Weapons And Evidence
- Single Family Residences or Duplexes, Apartment House or Large Complexes, and Rural Locations
- Hidden Compartments or Hiding Places At Or Within A Location
- Examples of Search Warrants and Affidavits for Auto Dealerships, Safe Deposit Box/Private Mail Boxes, Businesses, Stock Brokerages, Title Companies, Travel Agencies or Services, and Trust Companies
- Describing Vehicles With Known License Plate Numbers, Known VIN, Unknown Locations or Plate Numbers,
- Updated (2013) Language for Installing A GPS Tracker
- Templates Describing Known Suspects, Suspects Known Only by Nickname or Moniker, and Suspects At A Location
- Computers and Internet Service Providers Search and Seizure Warrants and Affidavits: Google, Facebook, Ebay/Paypal,
- Telephones, Cell Phones, Records, and Wiretaps- Voicemail Records and Password Resets, Specialized Records Searches (Calls to Destination), Calling Cards, Pen Register, Obtaining Assistance From Google and Apple to Unlock Password Protected Phones, and Title III Electronic Surveillance (Wiretaps)
- Property Crimes, Fraud, and Forgery- Stolen Property, Utility Theft, Vehicle Theft, Chop Shops, Identity Theft, Counterfeit Currency, Telemarketer Fraud, Counterfeit Credit/Gift Cards, and Counterfeit CDs/DVDs/Software
- Narcotics-General Search Warrant Affidavit and Templates, Specific Drugs Including: Amphetamine/Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, Marijuana Possession and Cultivation, Clandestine Drug Labs, GHB, Ketamine, LSD, PCP, MDMA, and Steroids
- Gang Search Warrants and Affidavits
- Special Procedures-Seeking Authorization For Federal Law Enforcement Officer(s) To Assist In Search Warrant, Authorization For Civilian(s) To Assist At The Search Warrant Site(s)-Search Warrant Special Master Authorization, Sealing Statement of Probable Cause / Affidavit (Hobbs), Use Of Informants -- Two-Prong Test, Other Sealing Orders, Extension Dates of Returns, Release of Evidence During the Search Warrant Service, Night Time Service, and Waiver of Knock Notice
- Used Book in Good Condition
Report Writing for Law Enforcement: A Hands-On Approach
A concise, practical guide to report writing for law enforcement officers.
- 1080p 3d projector
- Lip stain for dry lips
- Black & decker ss12c
- Aviator sunglasses for small faces
- Holife cordless vacuum
- National parks to visit in california
- Products for beard care