New Complete Guide to Band Saws: Everything You Need to Know About the Most Important Saw in the Shop (Fox Chapel Publishing) How to Choose, Setup, Use, & Maintain Your Band Saw, plus Troubleshooting
Learn everything you need to know about the most important tool in your shop!
- The 8 questions you must ask before purchasing a new or used band saw
- 4 projects to develop your band saw skills
- How to set up, maintain, and safely operate your saw
- Proper blade selection and the secrets to making straight and curved cuts
- How to use accessories, patterns, and templates
Woodworking experts would agree that the first machine to purchase for a home workshop is the band saw. From simple cuts to joinery to intricate designs, chances are whatever you need to do, you can do it with a band saw. Now, from Mark Duginske, professional woodworker and band saw expert, comes the only book you'll need to master this versatile, safe, and indispensable power tool!
This essential guide to woodworking's most versatile tool includes a thorough analysis on everything needed to know in order to purchase, setup, use, and maintain a band saw.
New Complete Guide to Band Saws details what you need to know before purchasing a sawincluding the eight questions to ask before buying a used sawalong with topics such as a part-by-part overview of every component of the saw, techniques of set-up and alignment, choosing the right blade, and understanding hand positioning to provide any woodworker with the most complete guide to a band saw.
Special sections are devoted to band saw accessories, how to deal with common problems, and how to maintain your band saw to keep it running effectively and efficiently for years.
With an informative glossary and a valuable list of resources, this is the must-have reference for anyone looking to learn everything he or she needs to know about the band saw. Whether you're seeking the basics or advanced techniques, it's all here!
"Right on the money...it's a shop manual that you'll want to keep close at hand regardless of how seasoned a woodworker you become."
Winner of the Golden Hammer Book Award
JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit
The JET 14in. Deluxe Band Saw shown with optional fence is designed to meet the needs of today's most demanding woodworkers. There is no need to add a riser block this 14in. band saw comes with a massive cast iron frame for increased power that makes it ready to meet all resaw applications head-on. Couple this incredible feature with a new high tension spring design and many more amazing features, and you have a band saw that will last for years to come. Cutting Depth at 90 in. 12, Cutting Angles 10 left, 45 right, Blade Size L x W x Thickness in. 93-105 x 1/8-3/4, Cutting Capacity SFPM 1,500/3,000, Stand Included Yes, Variable Speed No, HP 1 1/4, Dimensions L x W x H in. 29 x 28 x 77, Volts 115/230, Cutting Capacity - Flat Stock in. x in. 13 1/2 x 12. Built-in 12in. resaw capacity for cutting larger pieces of wood 2-speed poly-V belt drive system Newly designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity Easy to view blade tracking window Blade guide post with rack and pinion adjustment Upper and lower ball bearing guides reduce friction for longer blade life Quick-release blade tension for convenience Enclosed stand with storage shelf and easy access door Built-in retractable blade guard moves up and down from 0-12in. resaw High tension spring design allows for greater blade tensioning 15in. x 15in. table 43 1/2in. table height 4in. dia. dust port 300 CFM minimum dust collection 14in. wheel diameter
- Built-in 12-Inch resaw capacity for cutting larger pieces of wood
- 2 Speed poly-v belt drive system
- Newly designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity
- Easy to view blade tracking window
- Blade guide post with rack and pinion adjustment
Laguna Tools MBAND144200 14 SUV Bandsaw
The LT14SUV 2012 is here! The award winning 14SUV is not resting on its laurels. To stay ahead of the pack we implemented a host of upgrades: 3D decal has been redesigned Table lock is made stronger Foot Brake Re-designed Rack & Pinion Rubber-sealed doors Windows are Custom-Moulded New & improved leveling feet Updated Fence Mount Enhanced Handles & Wheels The LT14SUV is widely recognized as the best 14 bandsaw ever designed. From its industrial frame & Heavy duty castings, to the precision tension mechanism & famous ceramic laguna guides the saw permeates ruggedness. 14 of resaw requires more power & blade width so Laguna equipped the LT14 SUV with a 3 HP Leeson motor & gave it 1 blade capacity this coupled with the Laguna ResawKing makes cutting wafer thin veneers a breeze. If you look behind the business parts you will be surprised how much went into the oversiced trunion or the solid steel rack & pinion, details like this makes the LT14SUV in a class of its own. In 2011 the LT14 took 2 major awards: the Wood Magazine #1 overall & Fine Woodworking's Readers' Choice. With the recent upgrades, Laguna is cementing its position as the absolute leader in bandsaws for the woodworking industry worldwide.
- Motor: 3HP Leeson Volt: 220 1 phase 30 Amp
- Blade Length: 125"
- Resaw Capacity: 14" Throat: 13 1/4"
- Foot-brake w/ Micro Switch Rack & Pinion Upper Guide
- Rack & Pinion Table Tilt Quick Release Tension Laguna Guides
A-Line It Basic Kit with Dial Indicator For Aligning and Calibrating Work Shop Machinery Like Table Saws, Band Saws and Drill Presses
Quickly set-up, tune up, and check the accuracy of your shop's tools with this system. Check table saw blade and fence alignment, arbor and blade run-out, miter slot to blade squareness, arbor/chuck run-out, jointer/planer head to table parallelism, jointer/planer knife alignment, out-feed table alignment; router/shaper spindle run-out, or any other set up or alignment measurement you desire. The A-LINE-IT Basic Kit is the perfect starter kit for hobbyists and small shops. The 1" capacity dial indicator reads in .001" increments for absolute precision. Self adjusting miter groove bar with leveling screws and spring plungers for perfect fit in your miter slot. Dial indicator mounting bar measures 3/4" x 3/4" x 5-1/2", miter groove bar measures 3/8" x 3/4" x 6-1/4". Comes with hardware and hex wrench for assembly, instructions and instructional DVD for expert guidance in getting the best performance and accuracy from your woodworking machines.
- Quickly set-up, tune up, and check the accuracy of your shop's tools with this system. Check table saw blade and fence alignment, arbor and blade run-out, miter slot to blade squareness, arbor/chuck run-out, jointer/planer head to table parallelism, jointer/planer knife alignment, out-feed table alignment; router/shaper spindle run-out, or any other set up or alignment measurement you desire.
- The A-LINE-IT Basic Kit is the perfect starter kit for hobbyists and small shops.
- The 1" capacity dial indicator reads in .001" increments for absolute precision. Self adjusting miter groove bar with leveling screws and spring plungers for perfect fit in your miter slot.
- Dial indicator mounting bar measures 3/4" x 3/4" x 5-1/2", miter groove bar measures 3/8" x 3/4" x 6-1/4".
- Comes with hardware and hex wrench for assembly, instructions and instructional DVD for expert guidance in getting the best performance and accuracy from your woodworking machines.
Grizzly G0555LX - 14" 1 HP Deluxe Bandsaw
The G0555LX 14" Deluxe Bandsaw has many of the same great specifications and features as our extremely popular G0555, but with the following notable differences: Computer-balanced cast-iron wheels Sturdy T-shape fence design
- All ball bearing construction
- Cast-iron frame
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- 4" dust port
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings
HTC HRT-70 Adjustable Folding Roller Conveyor Table 66-Inch length by 15-Inch wide 17-Ball Bearing Rollers
Ever wish you had a portable conveyor belt for your woodshop or garage? Well, here you go this high quality, folding conveyor table is 66 long, with 17 smooth-rolling, galvanized steel ball bearing rollers. It makes feeding material into your bandsaw, planer, table saw, or anything else a breeze. In fact, use it with your tools, use it to move material, or think of a hundred other uses. Its height adjusts from 26.5 to 43, making it very versatile. It also has a 500lb capacity, and is incredibly stable. In addition, it folds flat for easy storage, and is built with high quality materials by HTC, so itll be a fixture in your woodshop or garage for years to come. Make all of your woodworking and other projects easier with this amazing folding roller conveyor table.
- Exceptional extra-long conveyor table - affords you a literal conveyor belt wherever you need it
- Adjustable height for added versatility - adjusts from 26.5" to 43" high, which makes feeding material easy in almost any application.
- Extremely stable- The non-skid feet are leveling, and the table has a 500lb capacity, making it ideal for jobs large and small. The wedge shaped support legs are designed to prevent slippage.
- Extra long, with 17 galvanized steel ball bearing rollers - smooth, consistent feeding of material along the entire length. Measures 15" wide by 66" long.
- Foldable for easy storage - folds flat and stores away easily, and built with quality materials by HTC
BOESHIELD T-9 Rust & Corrosion Protection/Inhibitor and Waterproof Lubrication, 12 oz.
Boeshield T-9 was developed and licensed by global aerospace leader, The Boeing Company, to fill a need for high-performance, long-term metal protection and lubrication. T-9's rust preventative spray uses a unique formulation of solvent carrier and paraffin wax coating engineered to penetrate crevices deeply, displace moisture, dissolve minor corrosion, and leave a clean, waxy coating with lasting durability-without using Teflon, silicone, fluorocarbons, MEK, or acetone. Whether it be automotive, bicycle, industrial, lawn and garden, marine, RV or tools, T-9 continues to be the best option for rust prevention and waterproof lubrication.
- Boeshield is great for use in Marine, Bicycles, Automotive, Tools and Aviation
- Boeshield loosens rusty and corroded parts and is safe on paints, any metal surfaces, plastics, and vinyl
- T-9 flushes out dirt and old lubricants, displaces moisture, and penetrates moving parts
- Boeshield dries to a thin, waxy film that clings to metal for months
- Boeshield was developed by The Boeing Company for lubrication and protection of aircraft components
- Boeshield has a 100 satisfaction guarantee - just call or email us with any questions or concerns
FEIN Turbo II Vacuum Cleaner, 8.4 Gallon, 1100W Includes: 13 ft Suction Hose, Tool Coupling with Suction Power Control, Cellulose Filter, 1 Fleece Filter Bag
Fein Turbo 2 vacuum with 8.4 gallon tank which includes an Auto-start wet dry vac. Powerful 1100 watt by-pass motor is ideal for the job site or DIY use. An integrated power tool socket with automatic start/stop function ensures that the extractor starts after a power tool has been switched on. 66 DB noise level. Air flow rate 151 CFM and a static water lift of 98.4" ensures a high air flow to pull up everything! Bypass motor allows for the dirty air that comes from the hose never to come into contact with the motor. This eliminates dust spewing out from the motor when you turn the vacuum on and a very long life of the product. Simply said what goes in the vacuum stays in the vacuum. Filter guard for flat fold filter if the filter is dirty, the dirt can simply be tapped out of the filter cassette without the flat fold filter being damaged, The protective filter cassette means that there is no need to replace the cellulose filter for wet extraction. Long 13' ft. hose and 18' ft. cord for long reach allows you to be 54' ft. from the outlet.
- Auto-Start Vacuum for power tools-allows your vacuum to turn on automatically!
- Powerful suction with 98.4" of static water lift
- On board storage for cord and accessories
- Long hose (13') and cord (18') for ease of use
- By-pass cooling for long life of vacuum
MK Morse ZCZC06 59 1/4-Inch x 3/8-Inch x .014 6TPI Wood Working Bandsaw Blade
59" 1/4" X 3/8" X .014"6 T.P.I.UPC:050326000826
- Suitable for use on Wood and easy-to-machine metals
- Fits Standard Stationary Machines
- This blade is sold individually
- Manufactured in Canton, Ohio USA!
- Carbon Hard Edge Flexible Back
Bosch BS72716-15S 72-7/16-Inch X 1/8-Inch X 15-Tpi Scroll Cutting Stationary Band Saw Blade
Premium band saw blades from Bosch resist heat buildup in applications for wood and metal. Bosch band saw blades provide long life in varied applications for wood. General-purpose blades employ optimized tooth geometry to deliver superior performance.
- For scroll-cut wood applications
- Premium materials resist heat buildup for long life
- Optimized tooth geometry for best performance
- Lengths fit most common band saw sizes
- Men's loafers 2016
- Replacement chuck for milwaukee cordless drill
- Swing for fussy baby
- Men hoodies
- Toner for oily skin drugstore
- Natural laxatives for children
- Where is the best place to buy school supplies