Backpacker The National Parks Coast to Coast: 100 Best Hikes
Explore the crystal clear waters on the Summit Lakes Trail at Lassen Volcanic National Park, take in the expansive views at Shenandoah National Parks Old Rag Mountain, or traverse the sandstone cliffs at Angels Landing in Zion National Park. Choose your adventure from any of the forty-four national parks profiled throughout the book. This book delivers jaw-dropping photos, detailed hike descriptions and maps, ranger essays, and more, all of which combine to create an intimate look at the best our national parks have to offer.
- With expert content and beautiful photos provided by Backpacker magazine, this treasured collector's item belongs as much on the coffee table as does in the backpack. Released in time for the National Park Service's 100th anniversary, Backpacker The
Day Hikes of Glacier National Park Map-Guide
Glacier National Park's one-million acres of rugged beauty are laced with 734 miles of trail; from dense forest to windy high peaks, and finding the right trail to explore with your family, or friends can become a big task.
This map-guide laid out for you making the choosing of the right trail easier.
- 88 day hikes ranked by Jake recommendations
- Color coded trail segments indicate trail steepness (See product photos. If the trail is green, it's level. If the trail is yellow, it's got some incline. If it's red, it's just plain steep.)
- Descriptions give you a sense of the hike
- Family friendly and early season hikes labeled
- All 234 summits and high points recognized by the Glacier Mountaineering Society displayed
Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 Parks (Travel Guide)
They've been dubbed America's best idea for a reason: get inspired, get outdoors, and discover the wild beauty of the United States with Moon USA National Parks. Inside you'll find:
- Coverage of all 59 national parks, from the misty mountains of the east and the redwoods of the west, to the glaciers of Alaska and volcanoes of Hawaii, organized by region
- Strategic lists and itineraries: Choose from lists of the best parks for hiking, wildlife, families, and scenic drives, or make your way down the list of the top ten national parks experiences across the country
- The best outdoor adventures in every park, including backpacking, biking, mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions and trail maps marked with distance, duration, effort level, and trailheads
- National parks road trips with driving times and advice for linking multiple parks, interesting stops between them, and nearby attractions and state parks
- Comprehensive planning resources: With detailed maps and transportation tips, you'll have the tools to explore each park or region individually, or visit multiple for an epic national parks trip
- Expert advice from former park guide Becky Lomax on how to avoid crowds, what time of year to visit, and where to stay inside and outside the parks, from campgrounds to hotels
- Know before you go: Find essential background on climate, terrain, wildlife, history, and safety precautions, plus practical information on park fees, passes, and reservations, including how to obtain and use a National Parks Pass
- Gorgeous, full-color photos throughout, plus a handy keepsake section for your national parks stamps and a detachable fold-out poster map
For more in-depth information on a specific park, check out Moon's national parks travel guides.
Day Hikes of Yellowstone National Park Map-Guide
This map-guide was designed to help you decide which trail to explre using distance, slope difficulty, and Jake's recommendations. Jake has hiked all over Yellowstone National Park and identified 65 day hikes he consider the best, then compared the hikes and ranked them based upon his preference.
Descriptions give you a good sense of the trail, the lable between junctions and/or prominent features help with navigation.
- The Day Hikes of National Park Map Guides were designed to simply answer the question, Where should we hike today? These maps take the wonderful intuitiveness and visualization from a beautiful topographical map that Jake built from the ground up and coup
Best Hikes Rocky Mountain National Park: A Guide to the Park's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Best Hikes Rocky Mountain National Park features the best hiking throughout Rocky Mountain National Park. Detailed maps and trail descriptions make navigating these wonderful trails easy, from family-friendly strolls to popular vistas to hillier wooded pathways.
FalconGuides have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks for more than thirty-five years. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
Look inside to find:
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
- An index of hikes by categoryfrom easy day hikes to waterfalls
- Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
- Full-color photos throughout
- GPS coordinates
- Falcon Guides
Best Easy Day Hikes Rocky Mountain National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
- Rockies Hiking/Backpacking Guides
- Kent Dannen
- Bedh Rocky Mtn Nat Park
50 Best Short Hikes in Utah's National Parks
In 50 Best Short Hikes in Utah's National Parks, veteran hiking guide Greg Witt shares the best routes in each park, hikes that are both "must see" and accessible. Park visitors who are short on time will find this book to be the ideal traveling companion, quickly helping readers identify the hikes and sights, making the best use of their time and provide maximum enjoyment.
Each hike in the book includes distances, highlights, area maps, and easy-to-follow trailhead directions to make hike selection fast and efficient. Once on the trail, the detailed maps, route description, and interpretive details insure that hikers get the most out of their trip.
Even avid hikers and experienced desert explorers will find new insights and discoveries as Witt's interesting and approachable style details the geologic forces that created this landscape. He brings to life the human history--prehistoric cliff-dwellers, native tribes, ranchers, farmers, loggers, miners, and outlaws--that adds to the color of the Colorado Plateau where these five parks are set.
- 50 Best Short Hikes Ut N Parks
Hiking Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks: A Guide To Southwestern Utah's Greatest Hikes (Regional Hiking Series)
- Hiking Zion And Bryce Np 2nd
Best Easy Day Hikes Olympic National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Best Easy Day Hikes Olympic National Park features concise descriptions and easy-to-follow maps for thirty-one short, manageable hikes. Veteran author and hiker Erik Molvar describes the best routes for those who have limited time or abilities, without missing out on the areas scenic splendors: majestic spires, Pacific coast beaches, and a rare temperate rain forest ecosystem.
Look inside for:
- Half-hour strolls to full-day adventures
- Hikes for everyone, including families
- Hikes ranked from easiest to most challenging
- Easy-to-use trail maps
- GPS coordinates
- National Book Network Bedh: Olympics 3Rd - 9781493009695
National Parks of America (Lonely Planet)
To celebrate America's amazing national parks, Lonely Planet, the world's leading travel publisher, takes you on an informative and gorgeous tour of all 59 parks with our lavishly finished hardcover gift guide packed with detailed itineraries and practical tips on what to do and see in each park to get you started planning your next adventure.
America's national parks are full of timeless marvels that still rejuvenate the soul: the world's largest trees in Sequoia; its most spectacular geothermal site in Yellowstone; the grandest canyon. Perhaps the movement's most eloquent description that is still resonates came from national parks advocate John Muir: 'Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity...' Fortunately for the nerve-shaken, over-civilized people of then and now, President Woodrow Wilson created the National Parks Service (NPS) on August 25, 1916, though the drive to protect some of America's most remarkable wild spaces, to be 'used and preserved for the benefit of mankind', began in the 1860s.
From Acadia to Zion, this beautiful introduction to America's preserved natural treasures is packed with landscape photography, original wildlife illustrations, and practical information. You will surely be inspired to rediscover these incredible spaces and find out why they're worth celebrating and you'll have all the tools to plan the first of many exciting trips.
This book is intended to be a practical introduction to each of America's 59 national parks, distilled by Lonely Planet's expert authors. We highlight the best activities and trails, explain how to get there and where to stay, show you the wildlife to watch out for, and suggest ideal itineraries. Whether you're lucky enough to have a park on your doorstep or need to travel further, we hope that the following pages inspire you both the iconic and lesser-known gems that make up the USA's diversely breathtaking expanses.
Covers all 59 US National Parks:
- American Samoa
- Big Bend
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Bryce Canyon Canyonlands
- Capitol Reef
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Channel Islands
- Crater Lake
- Cuyahoga Valley
- Death Valley
- Dry Tortugas
- Gates of the Arctic
- Glacier Bay
- Grand Canyon
- Grand Teton
- Great Basin
- Great Sand Dunes
- Great Smoky Mountains
- Hawaii Volcanoes
- Hot Springs
- Isle Royale
- Joshua Tree
- Kenai Fjords
- Kings Canyon
- Kobuk Valley
- Lake Clark
- Lassen Volcanic
- Mammoth Cave
- Mesa Verde
- Mt Rainier
- North Cascades
- Petrified Forest
- Rocky Mountain
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Virgin Islands
- Wind Cave
- Wrangell-St Elias
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
- 4th of july best places to go
- Primer for glowing skin
- Serum to make eyelashes grow
- What is the best weed and feed fertilizer
- Quartz watch under 1000
- Shampoo for men reddit
- Toys for children with autism