Fodor's New York City 2019 (Full-color Travel Guide)
Written by locals, Fodors New York City is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to New York. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your NYC trip with ease. Join Fodors in exploring Manhattan, Brooklyn, and more.
The lights, the sounds, the energy: New York City is the quintessential American city and unlike anywhere else in the world. Its a constantly changing destination that people visit again and again. Fodor's New York City, with color photos throughout, captures the universal appeal of the city's world-renowned museums, iconic music venues, Broadway spectacles, and, of course, gastronomic delights.
Fodors New York City includes:
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: This edition includes top new restaurant and hotel recommendations for Manhattan and the boroughs. Brooklyn coverage continues to grow, including hip and happening Williamsburg and Bushwick, classic Brooklyn Heights, leafy Fort Greene, and family-friendly Park Slope. Updated annually to ensure the best and most relevant content.
- ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout New York City.
- PULLOUT MAP AND MORE DETAILED MAPS: over 35 detailed maps and a handy PULLOUT MAP to help you plan and get around stress-free.
- GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES:Full-color features about New York City landmarks including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the American Museum of Natural History make planning any trip a snap. A section on eating like a local highlights what's hot and what will never go out of fashion.
- ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Sample itineraries help you plan and make the most of your time. We include tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Features on what's where, best city tours, free things to do, and what to do with kids make it easy to plan a vacation. Easy-to-read color neighborhood maps and tips on buying Broadway tickets, getting tickets to sit in a TV audience, and scouting out the best shopping give easy access to the best New York City has to offer.
- SPECIAL EVENT: Experience the electric atmosphere as 50,000 participants of the New York City Marathon run through the citys five boroughs on the first Sunday in November.
- COVERS: Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square, Empire State Building, Museum of Modern Art, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial & Museum, The High Line, and much more.
- ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning to visit more of the northeast? Check out Fodors Boston, Fodors Philadelphia, Fodors Washington DC, and Fodors New England.
Clued In New York: The Concise and Opinionated Guide to Manhattan 2019 -with photos
Unlock your inner explorer! New 2019 edition
This is not a typical travel guide- this is personal guidance that you can really use. Everything you need is in Clued In New York, along with info on how to skip the lines. We'll tell you the best ways to get between the airports and Manhattan, give tips on tipping, suggestions on safety, and reveal some secret spots those other books don't know about. Our live weblinks, color photos, and at-a-glance listings bring it all to life.
We've included side trips to Yankee Stadium and the famous Botanical Gardens, and assembled some lip-smacking restaurants, fun cocktail lounges, delicious bakeries, and great hotels for your consideration. With this book loaded onto your smart device, everything will be at your fingertips. It's like having a New Yorker along on your visit.
For seamless purchasing, go to Amazon's website through a regular browser window, or on a pc or laptop. Some mobile devices do not allow the purchase of Amazon-offered ebooks.
Check out our clued in travel books website and blog to see city-by-city extras, pertinent opinions, first page excerpts, and any up to the minute changes. All of our terrific travel books can be sampled by clicking through on the author name above.
Family Guide New York City (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
A family-focused guidebook to New York City for traveling with children ages 4 to 12.
DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide New York City gives parents with children ages 4 to 12 the specific, family-friendly information they need to plan a vacation to a city with an abundance of history, outstanding museums, unrivaled theater, and beautiful parks. Go treasure hunting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, ice-skating in Central Park, and explore can't-miss sights such as the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.
Each major sight is treated as a "hub" destination, around which to plan a day. Plus, DK's custom illustrations and reconstructions of city sights give real cultural insight.
"Let off steam" suggestions and eating options around each attraction enable the entire family to recharge.
Maps outline the nearest parks, playgrounds, and public restrooms.
"Take shelter" sections suggest indoor activities for rainy days.
Dedicated "Kids' Corner" features include cartoons, quizzes, puzzles, games, and riddles to inform and entertain young travelers.
Listings provide family-friendly hotels and dining options.
Written by travel experts and parents who understand the need to keep children entertained while enjoying family time together, DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide New York City offers child-friendly sleeping and eating options, detailed maps of main sightseeing areas, travel information, budget guidance, age-range suitability, and activities for New York City.
Atlantic City - Fun Things To Do
- Up-To-Date Guide
- User Reviews
- Contact Information
Born to Run
The revelatory and wildly bestselling memoir by legendary rock star Bruce Springsteen: Gloriousa philosophically rich ramble through a rock n roll lifeIts the lyric he was born to write (USA TODAY, 4 out of 4 stars).
Over the past seven years, Bruce Springsteen has privately devoted himself to writing the story of his life. The result is an utterly unique, endlessly exhilarating, last-chance-power-drive of a memoir (Rolling Stone) that offers the same honesty, humor, and originality found in his songs.
He describes growing up Catholic in Freehold, New Jersey, amid the poetry, danger, and darkness that fueled his imagination, leading up to the moment he refers to as The Big Bang: seeing Elvis Presleys debut on The Ed Sullivan Show. He vividly recounts his relentless drive to become a musician, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band. With disarming candor, he also tells for the first time the story of the personal struggles that inspired his best work.
Rarely has a performer told his own story with such force and sweep. Like many of his songs (Thunder Road, Badlands, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River Born in the U.S.A, The Rising, and The Ghost of Tom Joad, to name just a few), Bruce Springsteens autobiography is written with the lyricism of a singular songwriter and the wisdom of a man who has thought deeply about his experiences.
Both an entertaining account of Springsteens marathon race to the top and a reminder that the one thing you cant run away from is yourself (Entertainment Weekly), Born to Run is much more than a legendary rock stars memoir. This book is a a virtuoso performance, the 508-page equivalent to one of Springsteen and the E Street Band's famous four-hour concerts: Nothing is left onstage, and diehard fans and first-timers alike depart for home sated and yet somehow already aching for more (NPR).
Florida Atlas & Gazetteer (Delorme Atlas & Gazetteer)
Delorme, a travel planning resource. More than just a great place to purchase DeLorme mapping software, the earth mate GPS and Atlas & gazetteers for every state. You'll find a rich assortment of travel planning items, guide books, globes, maps and atlases covering the entire world. Plus geography-related gift items for travelers, perfect for graduation, retirement, father's day, and holiday gifts.
- Includes back roads, elevation contours, recreational areas, etc.
- Paperback for easy carry and storage
- Easy to use and read
Camco Stack-A-Plate- Easily Organize, Store and Protect Plates During Travel, Non- Slip Backing, Simply Dispense Plates During Later Use, Great For RVs - White (43601)
Camco White Stack-A-Plate with non-slip backing. Use in your cabinet to keep plates organized, and to stop them from sliding and rattling. Plates stay in place while traveling and are more protected from breakage. Set of two-one fits plates up to 7-1/4"; the other fits plates up to 10-1/4". Bright white. Dishwasher safe.
- Plates stay in place while traveling and reduces rattling
- Keeps plates organized and prevents broken dishes
- Made with non slip backing
- Set of two one fits plates up to 7-1/4" and the other fits plates up to 10-1/4"
- Dishwasher safe
Pinbeam Luggage Cover Shape New York State Map in Black Travel Suitcase Cover Protector Baggage Case Fits 26-28 inches
This New Model luggage cover is made of durable high quality material.
Superior sublimation quality makes the pattern more vivid and the color brighter.
Double-stitched all over, full of stretch and high elasticity, ensure your suitcase stays shut during the trip.
Protect your suitcase against dirt and scratch; make your suitcase instantly recognizable.
Durable and washable,Fit quickly and easily in seconds.
- SIZE: L: 25"x31.5"(63.5cm x 80cm), fits 26"-28" Luggage suitcase.
- MATERIAL: Polyester 95, Spandex 5, durable, reusable and washable.
- TOP DESIGN: Includes right-side slits for easy access to your luggage handles.A zipper on the bottom side. Easy to use and remove cover from the luggage.
- Dust resistant and anti-scratch, protect your luggage from dirt and scratches. Ensure your suitcase stays shut during the trip.
- IDEAL GIFT: Our washable luggage cover,available in various designs and sizes, are all the age groups for men, women and teens for travelling, camping, business, sporting and daily using.
AndyTours Outdoor BlanketCity,Resort Casinos on Shore at Night Atlantic City New Jersey United States, Violet Blue Pink Yellow,Super Soft Faux Fur Plush Decorative Blanket 30"x50"
*100 brand new and high quality.
Type: made of supersoft microfiber flannel blanket.
*Add extra texture to your decor and turns your room into an inviting space with this simple yet classy elegant design.
*This blanket is the perfect size to use on the sofa, bed or any place you want to keep clean.
*Ideal for all year round climates. Especially perfect for colder climates due to the soft and warm fleece material of blanket.
*The coziest gift to give for all ages.
1. Due to the light and screen difference, the item's color may be slightly different from the pictures.
2. Please allow 1-3 cm differences due to manual measurement.
- 1.BLANKET HOT SALE SIZE: 30"x50"(Wide 76cmx Long127cm)
- 2.MATERIAL & QUALITY:blanket is made of 100 high quality microfiber polyester,, which makes the blanket soft, comfy and breathable and warm,Not allergic.
- 3.FEATURES & DURABILITY:The blanket is against shedding, pilling, fading, wrinkle free. It is a good choice for the bed, sofa, outdoor,tourism,car and ariplane.
- 4.WASH & CARE: Made with shrink resistant fabric, the durable bed blanket is very easy to care. Just machine wash on cold and air dry. (Prompt: do not bleach, iron or tumble dry .)Made with fade-resistant fabric, stays the same as new after washing.
- 5.PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE- If you are not satisfied with our products quality, just return it within 30 days for a full refund. Any questions please just feel free to contact us, we will spare our no effort to help you.
Fisher's Popcorn Caramel Popcorn, Gluten Free, 5 Simple Ingredients, Handmade, No Preservatives, No High Fructose Corn Syrup, Zero Trans Fat, 20oz Tub (1 Gallon)
My family has been making handmade caramel popcorn at the beach for over 75 years. We believe in simplicity, which is why our five ingredient recipe hasn't changed since 1937. We use copper kettles to hand mix caramel with fresh, air popped popcorn.
We ensure each buttery bite will melt in your mouth. So open up, and enjoy four generations of hard work. After all these years, we still hold the same values true: good family, quality popcorn, and some time at the beach!
- Will Hall
- SHIPS TO YOU: The same classic Fisher's Popcorn taste that you love, now available even when you can't be at the beach!
- THE CLASSIC BEACH TREAT: You can't go more than a few feet in the beach resorts of the mid-Atlantic without running into someone snacking on a delicious tub of our popcorn!
- HANDMADE POPCORN SINCE 1937: Our world famous caramel popcorn recipe started with Everett Fisher way back in 1937. For 4 generations it has remained unchanged. Now, 80 years later our family continues to make fresh caramel popcorn at the beach daily.
- OUR POPCORN JUST TASTES BETTER: A Gluten-Free snack, our caramel popcorn is made without preservatives, trans fats, or high fructose corn syrup.
- VALUE SIZE: Perfect for family movie nights or for serving popcorn at a party! You can also use our popcorn tubs to make sandcastles on the beach!
- Bartender books
- How to remove a very small stripped screw
- Moba mouse 2015
- Utensil holder
- 2x4 stud actual size
- What are the best shoes for long distance walking
- Lawn mower for women