A Tuba To Cuba
When We Left Cuba
In 1960s Florida, a young Cuban exile will risk her life--and heart--to take back her country in this exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.
Beautiful. Daring. Deadly.
The Cuban Revolution took everything from sugar heiress Beatriz Perez--her family, her people, her country. Recruited by the CIA to infiltrate Fidel Castro's inner circle and pulled into the dangerous world of espionage, Beatriz is consumed by her quest for revenge and her desire to reclaim the life she lost.
As the Cold War swells like a hurricane over the shores of the Florida Strait, Beatriz is caught between the clash of Cuban American politics and the perils of a forbidden affair with a powerful man driven by ambitions of his own. When the ever-changing tides of history threaten everything she has fought for, she must make a choice between her past and future--but the wrong move could cost Beatriz everything--not just the island she loves, but also the man who has stolen her heart.Age Range:Adult
I am Cuba
Cuba: A Captivating Guide to the History of Cuba and Havana, The Cuban Revolution and Fidel Castro
If you want to discover captivating stories of people and events of Cuba, then keep reading...
Free History BONUS Inside!
Four captivating manuscripts in one book:
- History of Cuba: A Captivating Guide to Cuban History, Starting from Christopher Columbus' Arrival to Fidel Castro
- History of Havana: A Captivating Guide to the History of the Capital of Cuba, Starting from Christopher Columbus' Arrival to Fidel Castro
- The Cuban Revolution: A Captivating Guide to the Armed Revolt That Changed the Course of Cuba, Including Stories of Leaders Such as Fidel Castro, Chè Guevara, and Fulgencio Batista
- Fidel Castro: A Captivating Guide to a Cuban Communist Revolutionary Who Served as the President of Cuba for Over 30 Years
Over and over, oppressors have attempted to seize this island and its riches for their own selfish purposes. And over and over, revolutions have risen up to conquer in an attempt to return Cuba to its people.
The story of Cuba is a tale of courage and sacrifice, of horrific oppression and inspiring vision. It is a story about exploitation and hope, about a tiny island that rose to global importance.
There are battles and shipwrecks, pirates and Indians, tragic sacrifices and resounding triumphs. The Cuban people over and over show their resilience, courage, and passion in the face of incredible odds. They are a people that one cannot help but admire. And in this captivating history book, you'll discover their story.
Some of the topics covered in part 1 of this book include:
- Cuba before Columbus
- The Arrival of the Spaniards
- Slavery and Sugarcane
- The Cry of Yara
- Independent at Last
- A New Leader
- Castro's Cuba
- Desperate Times
- A New Horizon
- And much, much more!
- The Founding of Havana
- Cassava, Canals, and the French Corsairs
- The Siege of Havana
- The Slaves of Havana
- The Struggle for Independence Begins
- Remember the Maine
- The Havana High Life
- Another Revolution
- Castro's Victory
- Castro's Havana
- And much, much more!
- An overview to the history of Cuba
- Becoming Sergeant Batista
- The Sergeants' Revolt
- Revolution Brews
- A Fateful Meeting
- The Voyage of the Granma
- Operation Verano and Victory
- And much, much more!
- An Unlikely Leader
- Becoming El Comandante
- First Taste of Revolution
- A New York Honeymoon
- Sparking the Revolution
- History Will Absolve Me
- The Cuban Revolution
- Clashing with Uncle Sam
- A Cuba Without Castro
- And much, much more!
Lonely Planet Cuba (Travel Guide)
#1 best-selling guide to Cuba*
Lonely Planet Cuba is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk through Havana's cobbled streets and evoke the ghosts of mega-rich sugar barons and sabre-rattling buccaneers; stay in a private homestay where you can quickly uncover the nuances of everyday Cuban life; and hop on your bike and hit the quintessentially rural Cuba in Valle de Vinales; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Cuba and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Cuba Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, architecture, cuisine, music, dance, outdoor activities, literature, culture
- Free, convenient pull-out Havana city map (included in print version), plus over 50 color maps
- Covers Havana, Artemisa, Isla de la Juventud, Valle de Vinales, Pinar del Rio, Bay of Pigs, Santa Clara, Sancti Spiritus, Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Guantanamo and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Cuba, our most comprehensive guide to Cuba, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled
Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole Caribbean has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
- LONELY PLANET
Cuba Gold By Cuba For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 Ounces
Cuba Gold c is an ultimately masculine scent, inspired by the Cuban cigar. It is a luxurious blend of bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine. Available as 35 and 100 ml EDT.
- Packaging for this product may vary from that shown in the image above
- Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denatured, Limonene, Linalool
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
Papa Hemingway in Cuba
- Quad cane
- Powder to bake with
- Makeup products for sensitive skin
- Buy stainless steel microwave
- Macro for gaming
- Power washer best
- Amsoil power foam amazon