Pedal Portland: 25 Easy Rides for Exploring the City by Bike
Portland is bicycle nirvana. The city itself is beautiful, and the ever-expanding bike infrastructure makes for safe and pleasant riding. And it is a city full of bicyclists: 40 percent of residents bike recreationally and nearly 10 percent commute on bike daily, no wonder Bicycling magazine regularly names it one of the top cities to bike in America!
Pedal Portland celebrates the city s passion for pedaling in an accessible, fun, and family-friendly way. It features 25 easy rides that explore the most interesting parts of the city, from north to northwest to northeast, southwest to southeast, and the surrounding areas, like Beaverton and Vancouver. Each ride is accessible to anyone with a bike including kids. The rides range from eight to twelve miles and many can be shortened by taking advantage of the city s bike-friendly public transportation. Each route features a scavenger hunt that highlights the quirky and interesting sights along the way and includes tips on where to eat, drink, and stop to appreciate the view.
Pedal Portland is the perfect way to experience the city!
Professional Vegetarian Cooking
Vegetarian cuisine is now more popular than ever. Increasing health and ethical concerns-and an appetite for adventure-have sparked a growing demand for attractive, appetizing, and creative vegetarian dishes that hold their own with any meat choice on the menu. This book shows how to harness traditional cooking methods and techniques to produce exciting, elegant meatless creations bursting with freshness and flavor. Moving from appetizers and side dishes to delicious entrees, breads, and desserts, Professional Vegetarian Cooking is filled with dynamic ideas for building flavor with the help of vegetable stocks and a global array of herbs, spices, oils, condiments, and more. A far cry from the rough-hewn, grain-heavy approach that once typified standard vegetarian fare, it shares recipes and tips that open up a whole new world of taste for the vegetarian palate-complete with instructions that are clearly written and easy to follow.
* Explains how to integrate vegetarian dishes into every phase of a meal
* Includes 200 ready-to-use recipes
* Lists best sources of purveyors and mail order products
Frommer's Oregon (Frommer's Complete Guides)
- Our expert author, an Oregon resident, is in-the-know when it comes to the best hotels, restaurants, shops, and nightlife spots in Portland and beyond, and gives readers truly insider opinions about what's worth your time and money.
- Extensive coverage of the great outdoors, from the Cascades to the Columbia Gorge, plus wildlife viewing, fishing, biking, and beaching along the Oregon Coast.
- Specialized-interest tours, including Oregon's best wineries and itineraries for families.
- Xbox one best games 2018
- What are the best bath towels
- Snow pants
- Fertility supplements for female
- Tick bombs for house
- Things on amazon under 20
- Soft baby carrier